Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Holy Break From Politics!

While I'm anxiously awaiting the much-buzzed about release of the Palin/Couric interview portion dealing with Caribou Barbie's complete lack of Supreme Court knowledge outside of Roe v. Wade, I decided to scan the entertainment news.

CW's 'Graysons' takes flier on Robin

I'm a huge Batman fan and therefore am compelled to watch this, but I just don't see it taking off (pun intended). I love the character of Dick Grayson, but there's absolutely nothing interesting about him until his parents are killed and he meets Bruce Wayne. The entire series--I predict--will be one long climax-less episode of foreplay while we eagerly await any mention of Bruce Wayne, Batman, or Nightwing references. The first two of which almost assuredely can't happen while the Batman movie series is still under potential production (licensing issues I'm sure in order to not mess with the brand).

Like any vampire-related shows, I'm forced to watch any comic book super hero related shows/movies by some damaged synapse in my brain.

No comments: