Friday, January 1, 2010

3 Steps Forward, 2 Steps Back (Continuing exercises in social networking linkage)

I finally think I get the whole write once/post everywhere thing figured out and keep running into new problems.

  1. E-mail posting settings finally work so that when I post to Realist Theorist it also updates LiveJournal (I have a few hold out friends still clinging only to Live Journal) but the links don't translate. Oh well, their loss for clinging only to Live Journal and not at least having a Facebook or Twitter account.
  2. Cannot figure out how to use the same settings to enable the Live Journal thing to work for the WordPress blog. I wasn't really intending to have a second blog on WordPress, but when my sister created the family cookbook there, I needed a WordPress account in order to update and next thing I know, I have a blog there. This post is really a test thing to see if I can finally get it working.
  3. Frustrating that while it technically works, it can take up to an hour for my Blogger post to update Facebook and Twitter. Really horks my instant gratification needs.

Well, let's see if this works right. If it doesn't, you will be subjected to more inane b.s. posts as I try to come up with something other than "testing, testing, 1, 2, 3" to QA all these settings.

No comments: