Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Talk on the Different Side

For my birthday my mother and sister got me a gift certificate for a consultation with an animal psychic.

Yes, you read that right. An animal psychic.

I believe or don’t believe, or don’t even care enough to express an opinion about any number of the inexplicable, preternatural, or un-prove-able things in this world. I don’t know if I do or do not believe in psychics. I particularly don’t know if I believe in psychics over the telephone.

What I do expect is that it will be interesting and fun. At worst funny, at best insightful. My appointment is on September 24. I’ll definitely write up the experience. If I find it amusing, I’ll write about it but not post the name as I’m not looking to embarrass anyone. If I find it a useful/fun experience, I’ll provide the details. Let me know if you want the contact details before I have the appointment and do the write up.

For the interested, we have two cats, Jackie and Gambit, and strong memory of our old girl Gypsy. I’m trying to think if I have any specific questions I want answered.

Jackie, the 5-year-old jellicle cat, is a typical jellicle (if you don’t know what a jellicle is, it’s a black and white or tuxedo cat; I like the British-originating term jellicle better, like from Cats). Aloof but loving. Not too talkative except when demanding something. Very independent but loves to sprawl on laps. She has definitely picked up some Gypsy-like habits, particularly in her demanding ways.





Gambit is a 3-year-old Chartreuse. We’ve never met another of his breed, but by all reports he’s growing into a typical cat of it. He’s very dog like. Loves to play, loves to sit on your lap or just be around you. Doesn’t meow loudly, but is quite polite in his chirps and sqeaks. We swear we can decipher his pleases and thank yous from each other.



Gypsy was my epic cat. I had for 16 ½ years before she had a heart attack. Which, due to 2 ½ years of dealing with her diabetes (and managing it!) was kind of a blessing as I wouldn’t have wanted to see a long slow decline. The fiancĂ© and her even bonded after a few dominance battles in the beginning and she became his epic cat as well. I haven’t told the psychic anything about Gypsy, so I wonder if she’ll come up.



Silly, maybe. But fun and different, definitely.

No comments: